Sunday, May 30, 2010

Random Thoughts

I'm just chillin' pool-side while KC gets her swim on, thought I'd impart some wisdom upon the world. Heat makes you sweat. While my hottie counterparts are in their bathing suits, I am still in jeans from church. And even though I am losing water weight by the gallon, what better way to spend a Sunday than watching the two most beautiful women in the world splash around a in a peanut-shaped kiddie pool. I am truly blessed beyond words; beyond my wildest imagination even. What could I have possible done to deserve God's two most beautiful creations?


Despite the heat, it is a gorgeous day. And the best part about today, is that its not tomorrow. I am trying to soak up every wonderful second of this holiday weekend. Plus, if it is tomorrow, then that means the next tomorrow would be a work day. So a today that includes a tomorrow with a non-working tomorrow following is always a good today. Even though tomorrow will be a good today, I don't know that tomorrow will compare to this today, because this today is pretty great.
OK... it is really, stinking hot. I had to go change into shorts mid-post.
We had our friends Matt and Leann Roberge and their kids Kennedy (Grace) and Carson over for dinner last night. It is the first time I have been able to see them since we left our previous house last summer. It was really great seeing them again; they are great friends. We had a great time with them and the kids had a blast! It made me realize how much I missed the availability of a close-by friend. We used to be able to just walk a few steps across the street and hang out and chat every evening. And by every, I mean whenever both of us happened to be home at the same time. He is in the Army and constantly going out of town to train other units across the state and country and my job requires me to be out of town frequently. So anyway, I have missed that frequent "manly" face time. This might sound gay, but I think manly bonding is underrated. I would argue that the right kind of edifying man-time is essential for all men, and especially married men. Don't get me wrong, the time you spend with your wife and family is ultimately the most important, but guys can't survive on shopping, romantic comedies, and tea parties alone. We need time to discuss manly things in our own manly ways. I'm not just talking boxscores and bodily functions either, although those definitely need to be included. We need insight from similar perspectives and edification in ways that women are not always able to provide. (I still love you, Honey) So anyway, it was great to talk to Matt again.
OK, I am going to join my family in the tiny peanut-pool. Have a great holiday weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I would just like to state for all those reading and possibly commenting - No, I am not naked...though sadly my husband would have approved: ha! I had my straps to my super spandex one piece rolled down. I've enjoyed our weekend too babe - love our little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet posting...your "random thoughts" are fun to read.
    Josh needs some man-time also...wish y'all lived down the street so when you boys were getting your man-time on, me and Linds could chill with a fruity bev and the kids! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete