Monday, October 11, 2010

A NEW POST!!!

Well, after an exhaustive study and review of extensive data, I would like to report that Late Night Cheeseburger Doritos do actually taste like a cheeseburger. (At least to me anyway). If you close your eyes while eating one of these chips, you might forget it is merely one chip and think you are biting into a cheeseburger that has Doritos as a condiment. While mixing two of my favorite food items into a space-saving, budget friendly delicious little pseudo-triangle seems like a great idea, I find myself desiring, rather, to have the two items separately. In my humble opinion, the two tastes get slightly muttled, thus reducing the full satisfaction of two of the best tastes in the world. Now, having said that, I am one of those people who generally does not mix their foods. More often than not, I will even finish one item before moving on to the next; especially when dealing with cheeseburgers. So, there may be a slight bias in my reporting of these results. They are of satisfactory taste to me (translation: I could eat a whole bag in ten minutes); however, I feel the same about most food items that come in a bag.



Now that I have that off my chest, I need to rewind and pick up my life where I left in the summer, if I can remember back that far. The annual entire family vacation occurred the week before Independence Day this year. We went back to Edisto Beach to stay in a mac-daddy house that supplied ample room for all families, including separate accommodations for each couple, as well as a bedroom where all 4 girls slept in their own tiny individual beds. That made bedtime routine interesting a couple nights, but it was kind of funny and cute to see them all lined up in their beds like the brady bunch or something and I think it was a great experience for them.



The weather was gorgeous for the most part. The last few days it got windy and made things interesting. Everybody got a nice exfoliation on the beach from the sand-blasting we took. It made some nice waves though! While we were violently pounded and I almost lost my shorts a few times, it was great fun. Several waves made it past the fortifications that the little girls had constructed and managed to knock the littles ones over and drench several unsuspecting sunbathers. Although funny eventually, it shortened our beach time.


Once again, it was a fabuloso week with the fam and we had a blast. We found out about the pregnancy on the way down to the beach. The great news sprung forth from a Dollar General bathroom. While incredible news, it greatly limited Lindsy’s ability to let loose at the beach.


This blog doesn't even come close to doing justice to the week, but I could share a million pictures and stories... so.. sorry. I'll leave you with this...



1 comment:

  1. So, I had been wanting to try those Doritos. Glad for this positive review b/c now I will! I have been trying to hold off on buying anything that is "Limited Edition" just b/c it is limited edition, and this was one of the things I passed up on my grocery trip yesterday. Won't just pass by it next weekend. (p.s. cute pics of the girls!)

    ReplyDelete